The links below will take you to our electronic recruitment system, where you can learn more about each post.
Consultant Psychiatrist Older Adult In-Patients
Consultant Psychiatrist Older Adult Liaison
Liaison Psychiatry, Chesterfield
See all our current consultant and specialty doctor posts on our medical vacancies page.
What’s different about Derbyshire Healthcare?
- We believe in a compassionate, recovery-focused approach. We were rated ‘good’ for our level of caring by the Care Quality Commission and were shortlisted at the 2015 Kate Granger Compassionate Care Awards
- Our medics and nurses work closely together, bound by our values
- Our work is underpinned by our consultants’ close collaboration with our Centre for Research & Development – which was shortlisted for a 2016 HSJ Award for its clinical research impact
- Our staff get to live and work in the beautiful and central county of Derbyshire, home to the Peak District National Park and the thriving city of Derby– just 30 minutes to Birmingham on the train and 1 hour 30 minutes to London.
Benefits of working for us
- Up to £8,000 relocation expenses available to eligible candidates. Additional recruitment Incentives are also available
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities – we are keen to support the development of special interest sessions, including study leave support of £1,000 per annum towards your continuous professional development
- Our team provides exceptional peer support, as you will work within a multidisciplinary team
- We are committed to equal opportunities, improving the working lives of all our staff
- We will consider applications to work flexibly.
“After 25 years working as a psychiatrist across Derby and Derbyshire, I can say for sure
that it has been a perpetually stimulating experience and makes me proud of the area and its people.
From grand rural vistas to inner city challenges, the world is here and yet we work in a close-knit and
supportive organisation. Give us a try and you are likely to get hooked"
Simon Thacker, consultant psychiatrist , associate clinical director
Shortlisted for 2016 psychiatrist of the year - learn more