The Derbyshire Early Intervention Service (EIS) is for people aged between 14 and 65, who experience psychosis for the first time.
Several interventions have shown considerable benefit if provided early enough. The support offered by the team ranges from:
- Help with improving ways to cope with worries and stress
- Support with learning ways to manage distressing symptoms
- Assistance with recognising symptoms early
- Support and advice for family members
- Discussion and negotiation around the need for low dose medication
- Support with accessing further education or returning to a working environment
- Support with extending social activity
- Housing and benefit advice and assistance.
These are some of the ways the team can support a person to keep well.
Both teams operate from 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Derby City & South Derbyshire Early Intervention Service
St Andrews House, 201 London Road, Derby, DE1 2TZ
Tel: 0300 123 3239
Fax: 01332 202840
North Derbyshire Early Intervention Service
Wye House, Newholme Hospital, Baslow Road, Bakewell, DE45 1AD
Tel: 01629 810924