Breakout Young Person’s Substance Misuse Service offers a confidential service. This means we do not disclose information to your parents, teachers, the police or others, without your consent. However, information is shared within the team for case management and supervision purposes.
We will need to disclose information in the following cases:
- You or someone you know is ‘suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm, e.g. emotional, physical or sexual abuse’
- You or someone you know is suffering from neglect
- You need urgent medical attention, i.e. overdose, serious illness or injury, suicide and self-harming behaviour
- To protect the public from acts of terrorism as defined in the Prevention of Terrorism Act, 1971
- To protect the service providers or third parties in a life threatening situation
- If you disclose to us information relating to a very serious crime such as rape or murder
- Where the service is ordered to give information as part of legal proceedings.