Proposals to provide better care closer to home for many older people in northern Derbyshire were launched by NHS North Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS Hardwick Clinical Commissioning Group on Wednesday 29 June and September will see an additional round of public events take place before the consultation closes on Wednesday 5 October.
The proposals put forward focus on:
- older people receiving inpatient care in a community hospital, usually following a spell in an acute hospital because of an illness or accident, and
- older people with dementia who currently receive services from community hospitals.
Eleven public events took place across north Derbyshire following the consultation launch in June and were attended by over 1000 people. The seven additional public meetings have been organised by both Clinical Commissioning Groups. GP and Vice Chair of NHS North Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group Dr Debbie Austin, comments:
“The demand for the July public meetings exceeded even our best expectations. People told us they felt there was a need to hold more public meetings and we did too and that’s why we were happy to organise seven additional public meetings to take place in September when most people will have returned from their summer holiday.”
Informal drop-in sessions took place throughout August and will continue into September alongside the additional public meetings. Details of the September meetings can be seen below. In all cases doors will open half an hour before the meeting is due to begin.
- Tuesday 6 September: 6pm–8pm at Shirebrook Village Hall | NG20 8PW
- Wednesday 7 September: 6pm–8pm at Buxton Pavilion Gardens | SK17 6BE
- Thursday 8 September: 10am–12pm at Chesterfield Panthers Rugby Club | S41 9BF
- Tuesday 13 September: 6.15pm–8.15pm at County Hall, Matlock | DE4 3AG
- Wednesday 14 September: 6pm–8pm at Clay Cross Social Centre | S45 9JE
- Tuesday 20 September: 6pm–8pm at Post Mill Centre, South Normanton | DE55 2EJ
- Thursday 22 September: 6pm–8pm at Hope Valley College | S33 6SD
Dr Steve Lloyd, Chair of NHS Hardwick Clinical Commissioning Group who is a GP at St Lawrence Road Surgery, said:
“We are really pleased with the response we have received since the consultation was launched over two months ago and we look forward to engaging with more people in September as the extra public meetings we have organised get underway. All the new dates are available on the Joined Up Care website at www.joinedupcare.org.uk. Alternatively people can call us for the dates on 01246 514 176.”
Dr Debbie Austin, added:
“We are encouraging everyone to have their say and to read through the consultation booklet so people can understand how all the proposals fit together. People can then share their thoughts with us by completing the feedback form at the end of the consultation document or online at www.joinedupcare.org.uk. Alternatively people can call us on 01246 514 176 or come along to one of the public meetings in September.”
The consultation document and questionnaire is available online and at GP surgeries and hospitals and many other public venues. More information about the proposals, public meetings and drop-in sessions is available at www.joinedupcare.org.uk or by calling 01246 514 176.